الثلاثاء، 11 مارس 2008

Reported Speech. Questions

* Reported questions are introduced with verbs such as; ask, want to know, wonder.

* The verb changes to the affirmative form.

* The question mark (?) is omitted.

* In wh-questions, the question word is repeated in the indirect question.
Where does she go on Mondays?”
Craig asked me where she went on Mondays.

* When the question begins with an auxiliary verb or a modal verb, the indirect question begisn with if or whether.

Do you want a book?”
She asked me if / whether I wanted a book.

هناك تعليق واحد:

MeMo Chan يقول...

I guess R.S is one of the easiest structures, nevertheless I mistake it sometimes lol ^^"

Bunch of "Thanks" for u for the huge efforts ^_^ I really got use of it =)


Ja ne

Happy Spring Season - I love you - keep coming back again - sherry